Thank you for visiting my Wilderness Heals fundraising page! I hope you will help me support the Elizabeth Stone House to provide important discretionary funding. I will be hiking for three days in the White Mountains with other supporters. I am very excited to be part of this year's event and I hope you will join me in supporting this organization.
The Elizabeth Stone House partners with adult and child survivors of domestic violence and related trauma – mental illness, housing instability and substance misuse – to achieve safety, stability, and overall well being, thereby contributing to the strength, resiliency, and health of the community they serve.
Where does the money raised by Wilderness Heals go? Here's how your support helps:
- $60 provides an individual with safe shelter for one night.
- $100 gives a family in need one home visit and follow-up time to arrange services.
- $150 gets an individual in shelter linens, blankets and a mattress cover.
- $250 provides an individual with one month of scheduled service coordination and counseling on education, housing and employment.
- $500 supplies all shelter residents with toiletries and personal hygiene supplies for one year.
- $1000 covers the cost of a one-day family outing for 20 Stone House residents.
- $2500 pays for an instructor for two 12 session sections of our financial literacy class.
I am grateful for your donations and for your help in spreading the word.